Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Making of 2011 Blog 14

Yep, it's been a while. About a month actually. I have no idea how that happened. But it's not because nothing's been going on. And by the looks of it I'm gonna need a clone this summer.

New and noteworthy: things are about to get very exciting indeed. My "album" is now turning into a double album, haha! yes, here's how: I'm going into a studio with some of my favorite musicians at the end of this month to do 10 songs which I am producing myself. I wrote some new songs recently, played them to a few people and the report: "this is gonna be funky!". indeed it is. I've got my old fave rhythm section lined up: James Gadson on drums [Marvin Gaye, Bill Withers, Paul McCartney] Reggie McBride on bass [Keb Mo', Ricki Lee Jones, Taj Mahal], Johnny Lee Schell on guitar [Bonnie Raitt and my old pal, aussie, Renee Geyer and others] Luke Miller on Keyboards, [soulful young LA player around town with the best of the LA musicians, namely saxophonist Paulie Cerra] and additional guitars by the very talented and tasteful Sam Meek, also a member of Paulie Cerra's band. The goal: let's do a 10 song album in 3 weeks, like they used to do it in the old days. YEAH.

I'll resume working with Larry Klein after my production is finished. I'll do 5 more songs with Larry. Release date for the entire collection TBD but I'm thinking this fall for sure!!

We'll be filming both adventures and will place footage on youtube as we go as well as making a documentary about it all. So, please stay tuned. Check me out on youtube as well under "Marcella Detroit".

I'm very excited about it all!! And grateful. Thanks for reading. xoxoxo

1 comment:

ChazFrench said...

Awesomeness! Can't wait to hear the new tunes.